Men who are said to have sexual dysfunctions are often considered to suffer from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. However, there’s a vast difference between the two and we need to understand these two terms better in order to know the best options in addressing these problems. Below we will learn about the difference between erectile dysfunction & premature ejaculation.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
An erectile dysfunction takes place when a man is unable to produce an erection hard and long enough to perform a satisfying sexual intercourse. This dysfunction can happen to any man, however, men who are 20 years old and above are often affected by this dysfunction.
The causes of erectile dysfunction vary. Men who have “first-sex jitters” may have a case of nerves that causes the none-erection. However, they often get over it over a period of time. Some men who are too anxious about other aspects of his life such as money, family, relationships are also prone to having erectile dysfunction.
The physical aspects of having erectile dysfunction may include:
- Having medical conditions such as heart diseases, low blood level and high cholesterol level
- Taking medications such as antidepressants and anticonvulsants
- Vices such as drinking alcohol and smoking
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation happens when a man ejaculates too soon than what he or his partner would want him to.
Just like erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation can come about when the person is too anxious about his first time sexual performance with his partner.
It can also be caused by depression, guilt and other psychologically-related disorders. Physically, it can be caused by hormonal imbalance, trauma from an accident or injury.
Both premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction are often regarded as embarrassing and awkward events and can lead to sexual dissatisfaction for both partners. However, there are possible ways to address them.
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation
Men now have a variety of treatment options for sexual dysfunction, and more are coming out every day as the world becomes more and more open minded about sex problems. These treatments may include:
- Relaxation. Men who are anxious about their performance need to relax so that blood flow to the penis becomes easier.
- Communication. Men with sexual problems may talk to their partners and impart in what ways they feel most stimulated and how they can address this problem together.
- Quitting vices. Men who quit vices such as drinking alcohol and smoking found that their body becomes more stimulated and responsive to the sexual act.
- Aphrodisiacs. There are certain foods that can help in the stimulation of erection.
- Sex enhancers. There are male enhancement products that men can take or use to help them sustain better erections and produce quality ejaculations, as well improve libido and sex drive.
Visit Nugenix Review : It may help to improve sexual performance by preventing erectile dysfunction.
Battling sexual dysfunction is not a lost cause, especially now that talking about sexual problems out in the open is becoming acceptable. Men need to focus on their health first and talk to their doctors about what might be causing the dysfunction before taking any course of treatment.