Do you feel like your desire for sex has left your life in the last few months? Do you remember the last time you have really felt your libido pumping along with your heartbeat? Maybe you feel too ashamed to talk to anybody about it, but at the same time, you feel too worried to stay quiet. So it is a really good thing that you have made the first step towards finding out as much as you can about the reasons behind a low libido and what can you do about it! Or maybe you have just got back from your doctor’s office and you want to see how you can approach this problem on your own alongside the treatment plan determined by your doctor. Well, the good thing is that we have prepared for a topic like this and we are here to answer all of your unasked questions and more! We represent the five vitamins that will help you improve your libido in no time! Let’s start!
What are The Reasons Behind A Low Libido?
We can discuss this question for hours and yet we will still be left at nearly the beginning of the discussion! The short answer is that there are a number of reasons that can cause a low libido within women and men! We are going to list a few of the most popular causes in the following article!
- Stress – By interfering with your hormone levels it can result in low libido and erectile dysfunction among other health problems;
- Depression – It is not that only depression can lead to low libido but many medications that are used for treating depression, commonly result with low libido as an unwanted side effect;
- Lack of sleep – Lack of sleep elevates the cortisol levels and increased cortisol levels are commonly listed as the cause of low libido;
- Menopause – During menopause vaginal dryness and decreased estrogen levels, as common menopause symptoms, can lead to pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse and with that decrease a woman’s libido.
The Five Vitamins That Will Help Increase Your Libido!
Sure there are many medications that can help overcome the cause that had led to your low libido, but there are many small things that you can do yourself! Many doctors swear by a proper diet, exercise, yoga, and other little tricks to help increase your libido. And that gave us an idea – can vitamins help you increase your libido? The answer is – YES! There are in fact 5 vitamins that can help you overcome this problem so that you can enjoy the wonderful moments that follow with your partner!
1. Vitamin E – Apart from being a powerful antioxidant, Vitamin E is known to improve your blood circulation and you should know that proper blood circulation is what you seek while dealing with low libido! Actually, there are two Vitamin E compounds that are especially important in this situation – alpha-tocopherol and gamma-tocopherol! And these are only two of the eight Vitamin E compounds. For the full effect, find a supplement that contains these two compounds and tries to include more food products that are rich in Vitamin E such as tomatoes, kiwi, nuts, and mangos!
2. Vitamin C – Vitamins E requires certain levels of Vitamin C in order to provide a good blood circulation. But Vitamin C is especially important because it will provide a proper synthesis of the reproductive hormones needed for a normal libido – starting from androgen hormones, testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone. You know the most popular Vitamin C rich foods – orange, lemon, citron, strawberries, grapefruits and etc.
3. Vitamin B – We are talking about Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, and B12! All of these vitamins will help improve Vitamin E and Vitamin C in their goal to improve your blood circulation and as an addition to that, it will also make sure that your energy levels are high! You can get all of these vitamins from either a quality Vitamin B supplement or from the variety of food products rich in Vitamin B – turkey, chicken, liver, tuna, peanuts, potatoes, tomatoes, eggs, lobster and etc.
4. Folic acid – You may be wondering why we have not mentioned the folic acid when we talked about Vitamin B. Well since the Folic acid plays a key role in your sex life we decided to mention it separately! If you are interested to either improve your sex drive, increase your sperm count and prevent any birth defects if you are currently pregnant, then this is the vitamin for you! Luckily there are many sources of folic acid that you can easily include in your diet – e.g. almonds, peanuts, asparagus, lettuce, broccoli, corn, celery and etc.
5. Omega 3 – Omega 3 is a fatty acid that will boost your sex drive, improve your blood flow and it plays a key role in the reproductive hormone production! You can satisfy your need for Omega 3 from eating more fish, walnuts, salmon, potatoes, broccoli, chickpeas and etc.
These are just five of the most popular vitamins that you should include in your diet if you are interested in enhancing sex drive! You can either include a proper supplementation for the chosen vitamin or try to include it naturally through your favorite food product rich in that vitamin! The choice is yours!
Unfortunately, as many as 43% of women and 31% of men have experienced some kind of a sexual dysfunction and low libido is the most common one! Low libido is a term that is used to refer to a decreased sexual desire that can occur as a result of many causes. We have already listed the most common ones – stress, lack of sleep, menopause and depression but there are many others as well. For whatever the reason is that you dealing with low libido, it is essential to approach this problem with as much as enthusiasm that you are going to be alright! Low libido is nothing that cannot be solved with a few lifestyle changes. And we have explained one of the most commonly used natural treatments for a low libido – the use of vitamins! Actually, we explained about the role of 5 important vitamins that you might not know to have an important role in improving your libido! What vitamin are you going to include more in your diet?