The word “intimacy” is the word intimus meaning “in most”. intimacy means taking the risk to be close to someone and allowing that someone step inside your personal boundaries.
if you are thinking about having an intimate relationship with someone then it is time to look into what having one really means.
This is something that two people get into and share need, lust, and love when it comes to filling emotional attachment that comes with being with someone.
A lot of people do not look into this, and a lot of people enjoy relationships that do not include being attached by strings when it comes to having sex or just talking to someone.
This is because there is too much need and expectation when it comes to being in a relationship. You are able to do what you want if you’re not in an intimate committed relationship with someone else.
You’re free to choose who you would like to be with or sleep with when you have no attachment to someone else.
it is classified by having sex with someone or being emotionally attached to someone enough to have a committed relationship with someone who you would like to be with. A lot of people have committed relationships that are also very intimate in many ways when they are spending time together.
This means you engage in sexual activity of various sorts, and you share thoughts, secrets, and words with each other. This also makes you friends in many ways but you are committed to being with only each other instead of being with other people.
This is something that allows you to have a relationship without all the worries of them leaving or going with someone else.
This eliminates the fear of catching any sexually transmitted diseases or other things you could get when it comes down to having sex with your partner since they have not been having sex with anyone else.
With everything going on in the lives of the average couple, it’s easy to forget the small gestures that keep a relationship ticking.
What most couples don’t realize, though, is that it doesn’t take much to help your partner feel more valued every day. Stringing together these little things is an ongoing way to make a change in your relationship.
Being in a relationship, especially a committed intimate one allows you to get all the loving benefits and emotional attachment but it also means you might get your heart broken and you could possibly even have to worry about jealousy because you care for the other person and want to be with them.
This can be overwhelming, but if you have a good relationship then you shouldn’t have to worry about cheating, lying, or anything else that might come along with it.
With good communication and understanding in this relationship, you will be able to go as far as possible when it comes to staying in the right situation. You should be sure this is something you’re committed to so you do not break hearts or hurt anyone in the end of the relationship.
Understanding Intimate Relationships
An intimate relationship is probably as good as you can get, it can probably best be described as relationship nirvana, where you and your partner have become so entwined that it is impossible to get any closer.
Like all good things an intimate relationship is something that you are going to have to work for, it takes time and it needs to be nurtured.
Whilst there are a number of forms of intimacy there is tow that goes hand in hand and they are sexual intimacy and emotional intimacy. if you want to reach any degree of intimacy with your partner, you have to be completely honest with them and you have to be yourself.
Do not be someone that you are not, if you cannot be honest with yourself then how can you hope to have a fulfilling relationship.
Sexual intimacy is not all about sexual intercourse, it is about the wider picture of sensual expressions of love that you share with your partner, such as a kiss, holding each other.
it is the way that you physically bond together, even if it is just a light touch it still strengthens your ties to each other.
Emotional intimacy is what everyone is working towards, it is the stage where you are completely at ease sharing each other lives, feelings, and emotions.
Emotional intimacy is a difficult thing to attain because you have to know how your partner works and they you, essentially you are laying bare your soul to them which can leave you feeling vulnerable.
it might hurt but you have to be able to understand your partner and their wants and needs, you need to develop that closeness which enables you to respond to them without even thinking about it.
Many of us feel conscious about how we are viewed, how people judge us, in an intimate relationship you are with someone who will not judge you and who loves you for the unique individual that you are.
if you find expressing your feelings and emotions difficult then you can work up the full-blown intimacy. Start with what you feel comfortable with, something like intellectual intimacy where you can share thoughts and ideas with your partner.
Once you feel comfortable with that then you can slowly grow your confidence to the point where you are more able to express who you are.
We lead busy lives so it can be difficult to find time to spend together, but spend time together you must. Share each other’s interests, find new experiences, go on dates or just go for a walk.
The important thing is that you are spending time together relaxing and enjoying each others company. You could be together for decades so you need to be able to enjoy your time together. it does not matter what other commitments you have, as far as your relationship goes there is no one as important as the two of you.
One of, if not the greatest barrier to attaining an intimate relationship is the lack of communication between a couple.
You have to talk to each other, if you do not then you have no connection to each other’s lives and you will drift apart, then what could have been something special will have been wasted.
if you do not talk how will you know your partners wants and needs, if both of you are ignoring each other wants and needs then you do not have a relationship. Sharing ideas, emotions and life experiences keeps a relationship strong and vibrant.
You have to take the guesswork out of your partner’s life, and they need to do the same for you. Let each other know what is important to you so that instead of trying to read each other’s mind, you can focus on what is most important to each other.
Developing and maintaining intimate relationships is something we all want, but few have. This is because human beings are so fickle and few of us have the patience or skills to keep others close.
We’ve all been there: You’re deep in conversation, and the volley is smooth, seamless, and satisfying, bringing you closer by the minute. But you’ve also been here: As you ramble on trying to get your point across, your partner cuts you off and changes the subject.
The next thing you know, you’ve got a serious case of emotional whiplash. That’s because whether you’ve known someone for 15 minutes or 15 years, the way you both speak enhances trust, intimacy, and love—or the opposite.
Communication, after all, is the tool you use every day to build your closest relationships, and experts (as well as common sense) tell us that the right words, spoken in the right way, can work wonders on even the testiest interactions.
The problem? Most of us think we’re good communicators, but research shows we’re surprisingly unskilled at it. Blame rushed e-mailing or a dearth of face-to-face time, but we’re not connecting as well as we can.
According to groundbreaking work in the field of neuroscience, however, it’s easy to retrain ourselves to speak and listen in a way that stimulates sympathy and trust in the other person’s brain in a matter of seconds. So whether you’re talking to a friend, a spouse, or a colleague at work.
Here are The 9 Basic Tips To Have an intimate Relationship:
1. Remain faithful – if you want to cultivate intimate relationships, you must prove faithful by keeping your word. When you make a date or give a promise, you must fulfill your promise as much as possible. Others want to be close to those who are consistent and true to their words.
2. Be Trustworthy – This means to foster an open and transparent relationship and maintain a level of confidentiality. if people cannot trust you, they will not want to be close to you. if you cannot trust them, then you will always have a barrier preventing you from drawing near to others.
3. Be loyal – This means to stick up for them when they are not present. if you gossip about another person when they are not in the room or at the event, they will eventually find out and your friendship will be severely impaired.
4. Become a Better Listener – Others love to talk about themselves. They long for someone who will take the time to listen to them and empathize with their thoughts and feelings. Learning to be a good listener is a major key to building intimate relationships.
5. Handle Conflict with Gentleness – The Bible says: “A gentle answer turns away rather but a harsh answer stirs up anger.” if you want to stay close to your loved ones, learn to handle conflict with gentleness. The person who can be graceful under fire is sure to build deep bonds of fellowship with others.
6. Be willing to learn from each Other – The key is to see the other as a mirror and learn from the reflection how you can be a better person. When you feel upset, rather than blame your partner and point fingers, remain awake to what has yet to be healed in yourself.
7. Get Comfortable being Alone – in order to accept that love can’t rescue you from being alone, learn to spend time being with yourself. By feeling safe and secure to be on your own within the framework of relationship, you will feel more complete, happy, and whole.
8. Be Quick to forgive – Holding grudges is a relationship killer. Learning to let go of an offense for the sake of your friendship will remove obstacles to deep and satisfying intimacy.
9. Get advice from an expert – Everyone needs help now and then in order to achieve their best. Reading good books and seeking the advice of experts on the subject of deep friendships can help you learn more about how to stay close to your loved ones.
Nearly everyone wants to have a close friend or two. They want to have companions with whom they can share their lives. Sadly, few have really learned how to build such deep relationships.
Let your partner know how you feel about them, respect them for who they are, care for them and support them.
Any negative thought you harbor can interfere with the parts of your brain involved in language processing, listening, and speech, leading to mutual defensiveness and distrust.
Statements like “You let me down” or “i don’t like your tone” or even an eye roll can generate a fight-or-flight reaction in the other person’s brain.
When conversations are challenging, the person who can remain calm will benefit the most. That’s because stress generates irritability, irritability leads to anger, and anger shuts down your ability to get your point across.
So before you enter any important dialogue, take a minute or two to enter a state of deep relaxation. Many brain-scan studies have shown that simple exercises—such as breathing slowly to a count of five, stretching your neck, and even faking a few yawns—can change your brain in ways that measurably improve your communication skills.
Feature Image: Shutterstock.com
In-Post Image: Shutterstock.com