Erectile dysfunction strikes relatively a lot of men all over the world, making it one of the most common male sexual problems. Some men would never even expect it to come their way at some point in their lives. Having ED is something that any man would not want. When you reach a certain age, you should still be able to enjoy one of life’s greatest pleasures which is sex.
Taking on erectile dysfunction includes delving into its details, causes and treatments. As with any other problem, one must know its causes in order to determine the appropriate treatment. In that way, knowing the cause of ED is essential, as you will be able to discover if there are any underlying problems causing the ED problem.
Roots of ED
Usually the cause of ED is the breakdown or damage of the arteries, muscles, and surrounding tissues of the penis, and this breakdown is most commonly the result of a disease. Diseases that commonly cause ED include:
Damage in muscles and surrounding tissue of the male’s genital, penis, and damage in the sequence of arteries are usually what happens with ED. But those can be results of certain medical diseases and the list is as follows.
- Kidney Disease. Drugs for kidney treatment can cause ED. Other than that, the disease itself causes changes in hormone levels, nerve function, blood circulation and energy level.
- Diabetes. An effect of diabetes in the body includes nerve and artery damage, which can result to ED. Studies show that most men who have diabetes have higher risks of getting ED.
- Vascular disease. With this kind of disease, the part of the body that is affected is the blood vessels. What usually follow with this type of the disease are atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and hypertension.
- Neurological disease. Nerves play a vital role in achieving an erection, so any kind of nerve damage may lead to ED.
- Prostate cancer. This condition on its own does not cause ED but its treatments does, which involves radiation, surgery or hormonal manipulation.
Since erectile dysfunction is a common ailment in men, various remedies have already been formulated to treat these malfunctions in male sex organ. Here are some ways to improve your sex life.
- Male enhancement pills containing natural herbal extracts will improve blood circulation, boost interest in sex, improve energy and maintain prolonged hard thick erections. These are widely used throughout the world to counter further onset of erectile dysfunction.
- Keep a healthy body and soul. Find time to relax and break away from stressful elements in your life such as work.
- Never deprive yourself of sufficient rest and sleep.
- Engage in physical activities which later on boost your immune system, sex drive and overall health.
- Abstinence from intoxicating substances such as drugs, nicotine, caffeine and alcohol will keep you away from ED.
- Give your body a boosts by eating nutritious food and vegetables.