MUSE, the acronym for “medicated urethral system for erections”, is an FDA-approved drug to address erectile dysfunction. It is a suppository drug that comes in the form of a pellet which is pushed into the urethra. It contains a natural substance which helps the penis relax and increase blood flow so that erection is achieved.
MUSE Product Details
FDA approved the use of MUSE to treat impotence in 1997. One of its main ingredients is Alpostradil which is being used for years to treat erectile dysfunction. It is actually a natural substance produced by the penis in order to achieve an erection. It helps in the relaxation of the penile tissues and then enhances the flow of blood to the penis.
As a suppository, MUSE is inserted into an applicator. After urination, the user shakes his penis a little to eliminate any excess urine. Then, the applicator is placed into the base of the urethra where the urine passes and the pellet is pushed inside.
An erection can take place 5 to 10 minutes from erection and can last from half an hour to an hour.
Good About MUSE
MUSE is known as an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction. Clinical studies suggest that MUSE has a 65% success in producing erections. Furthermore, these studies also suggest that men of different ages and with medical conditions such as diabetes have been successful in using MUSE.
Bad About MUSE
There are some reported side effects while using MUSE, however they are infrequent and minor. These side effects include:
- Women may also experience vaginal itchiness.
In order to achieve optimum results, users are advised of the following contraindications and precautions:
- Men should not use MUSE if they are allergic to Alpostradil.
- A condom should be used if MUSE is administered to have an intercourse with a pregnant woman.
- Men who have abnormal penile anatomy are discouraged to use the product.
- Men should report their medical history as well as other all medications that they are currently taking to their health care provider prior to using the product.
- Men with cardiovascular problems should use the lowest dosage.
- Improper administration of the product may result in bleeding.
- Although rare, prolonged erection may occur while using this product. When this occurs, the user is advised to see a doctor immediately.
- It can be used within 24 hours twice, however the product should not be used consecutively.
MUSE The Bottom Line
By following the proper indication and instructions, the use of “medicated urethral system for erections” or MUSE seems to be an effective solution for erectile dysfunction. Aside from the fact that is clinically-tested and is FDA-approved, the substance found in the pellet is natural and poses minor and rare side effects. However, it is still best to consult a doctor before using this product.