What is MUSE?
MUSE, the acronym for “medicated urethral system for erections”, is an FDA-approved drug to address erectile dysfunction. It is a suppository drug that comes in the form of a pellet which is pushed into the urethra.
It contains a natural substance which helps the penis relax and increase blood flow so that erection is achieved.
MUSE Product Details
FDA approved the use of MUSE to treat impotence in 1997.
One of its main ingredients is Alpostradil which is being used for years to treat erectile dysfunction.
It is actually a natural substance produced by the penis in order to achieve an erection. It helps in the relaxation of the penile tissues and then enhances the flow of blood to the penis.
As a suppository, MUSE is inserted into an applicator. After urination, the user shakes his penis a little to eliminate any excess urine. Then, the applicator is placed into the base of the urethra where the urine passes and the pellet is pushed inside.
An erection can take place 5 to 10 minutes from erection and can last from half an hour to an hour.
What are the Benefits of MUSE?
- May treat erectile dysfunction
- Could increase blood flow
- Might provide prolonged erecions
What are the Drawbacks of MUSE?
There are some reported side effects while using MUSE, however they are infrequent and minor. These side effects include:
- Shall not be used by men below the age of 18 years.
In order to achieve optimum results, users are advised of the following contraindications and precautions:
- Men should not use MUSE if they are allergic to Alpostradil.
- A condom should be used if MUSE is administered to have an intercourse with a pregnant woman.
- Men who have abnormal penile anatomy are discouraged to use the product.
- Men should report their medical history as well as other all medications that they are currently taking to their health care provider prior to using the product.
- Men with cardiovascular problems should use the lowest dosage.
- Improper administration of the product may result in bleeding.
- Although rare, prolonged erection may occur while using this product. When this occurs, the user is advised to see a doctor immediately.
- It can be used within 24 hours twice, however the product should not be used consecutively.
MUSE Review – The Bottom Line
By following the proper indication and instructions, the use of “medicated urethral system for erections” or MUSE seems to be an effective solution for erectile dysfunction. Aside from the fact that is clinically-tested and is FDA-approved, the substance found in the pellet is natural and poses minor and rare side effects. However, it is still best to consult a doctor before using this product.
With countless male enhancement supplements available on the market today it seems impossible to find "the right one." Sexual performance declines naturally as men age, which may contribute to feelings of inadequacy or embarrassment. Male enhancement supplements should be based on four key factors: active ingredients, ability to support sexual stamina, enhance arousal, improved* sexual desire and backed by clinical studies.
Below you'll find some of the most effective male enhancement supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."