Menopause is something you cannot cure. It is a natural process and cessation of a woman’s reproductive capabilities. However, the myriad of symptoms associated with menopause can be atrocious. Using menopause natural remedies can alleviate those symptoms. Here are a few to put on your list for consideration:
- Consider black cohosh. This is a very common ingredient in these natural remedies. This ingredient is the ground-up root of a North American plant. According to many, it helps alleviate common symptoms of menopause including hot flashes, mood disturbances, vaginal dryness, and night sweats.
- Another of the menopause natural remedies to consider is Dong Quai. This herb comes from China. Traditional Chinese medicine uses it for treating gynecological problems, anemia, blood pressure problems, and fatigue. It contains large amounts of phytoestrogens, vitamin B-12, and folic acid. It helps boost the immune system. It helps alleviate hormonal imbalances and that helps with hot flashes, mood swings, and night sweats.
- A third to consider is Evening Primrose Oil. This substance comes from the Oenothera biennis plant. The main active ingredient is GLA, or gamma-linolenic acid, which helps increase the production of prostaglandins. Those hormones can help alleviate symptoms of menopause like vaginal dryness, difficulty sleeping, night sweats, hot flashes, and mood issues. This alleviation of symptoms is why it is a popular option for women who want menopause natural remedies.
- A fourth to consider is Ginseng. There are many forms of ginseng found in North America and Asia. They all contain substances known as ginsenosides. Those substances seem to help with balancing hormone levels and increasing energy levels. Since those are both issues that menopausal women deal with, you can find this herb in many menopause natural remedies. It is popular because of its many different properties for medical conditions besides menopause.
- Fifth, put Vitex Agnus Castus on your list for consideration. Another name for this plant is chaste tree or monk’s pepper. Traditionally, monks in Europe and around the Mediterranean used the berry of this plant to lower their sex drive. What is funny is that modern research shows it will not do that type of work. It is actually useful in handling gynecological issues.
Other herbal preparations can help alleviate the menopause symptoms. You can use any of these menopause natural remedies for relief. It is best to try them one at a time to get the full effects. You can combine them when you see which ones work for you.