- Involves you learning all about the condition. Knowledge is power. By getting to know what the condition actually is will give you the tools you need to manage it effectively. Andropause happens as the male body’s levels of testosterone and DHEA begin to decrease with age. It comes with many possible symptoms. Some men never see a symptom, while others see profound problems. About 20 to 30% of men will see enough symptoms for a doctor to consider andropause as a diagnosis. Symptoms can include low sex drive, irritability, mood disorders, and loss of muscle mass.
- Includes making changes to your diet. To alleviate andropause, most doctors recommend eating foods that help the body naturally produce more testosterone. Eating foods rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin A help with this. These include lean red meats, chicken, fish, and soy proteins. It is important to reduce the amount of alcohol and grapefruit that you eat. Both of those substances can trigger the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. Alcohol also reduces the production of testosterone in the first place.
- Means increasing your exercise levels. In men, exercise is a natural way to boost testosterone levels. This natural treatment for andropause can dramatically reduce some of the symptoms common to andropause. These include low libido, erectile issues, and mood problems. Exercise is also a natural way to replace the body mass you might lose because of andropause. It helps release endorphins into the body that helps you deal with depression and anxiety that often accompanies andropause.
- Requires looking at natural supplements. There are supplements on the market that can alleviate the symptoms of andropause. There are also supplements to increase testosterone levels. Using these separately or combined can help provide a natural treatment for andropause. DHEA is one example. This natural hormone is a precursor for testosterone. Increasing it will increase natural testosterone levels in the body.
- Covers managing the remaining symptoms. You have taken’s to get rid of most of your symptoms. If you have some left, you need to understand them and treat them individually. Your doctor can help you. You may still have some impotency issues. Your doctor can offer you help with Viagra or Cialis. You might have some mood issues remaining. An antidepressant or talk therapy might help. If any symptom remains a major problem, your doctor can help.