You got a diagnosis for andropause. You felt like crap and went to the doctor. The doctor springs that diagnosis on you. What do you do? One option for andropause treatment is taking supplements to help the problem. Your regular doctor may pooh-pooh the idea. However many men find that certain supplements help manage this condition and its symptoms effectively. Here are some to consider:
- DHEA – This natural hormone is a precursor to testosterone in the human body. That means that this hormone is part of the chain that triggers the production of testosterone. By increasing the levels of DHEA in the body, you can trigger the body to produce more testosterone. That will alleviate a great many symptoms of andropause. It also helps the body handle fat effectively.
- Zinc – Zinc plays a vital role in the body’s ability to produce and manage the level of testosterone. By maintaining the body’s supply of zinc, you are giving it the ability to handle the testosterone levels more efficiently.
- Tribulus – According to some sources, this plant extract helps increase the body’s production of luteinizing hormone, which directly impacts the body’s testosterone levels.
- Tongkat ali – According to Far East medical experts, this plant extract helps to balance male hormones and make testosterone more available in the blood stream. It helps enhance energy levels, increase stamina, and reduce mental fatigue. This makes it a possible andropause treatment.
- Saw Palmetto – Part of the issues that men face in andropause is an increase in estrogen levels. Saw palmetto is a known anti-estrogen. It will help to bring down estrogen levels and alleviate some of the symptoms of andropause.
- Chrysin – This is another anti-estrogen plant extract.
- Maca – This plant from South America reportedly increases energy, stamina, and sexual function within a week.
- Kaempferia parviflora – This plant from Thailand has some scientific proof behind it to indicate that it can help increase testosterone levels within a couple of days.
- Lycium barbarum – This plant, known as goji berry or wolfberry, is native to Europe and Asia. It also has a positive effect on raising testosterone levels.
When looking for an andropause treatment, consider the option available in natural supplements. You also need to use your head when it comes to taking supplements with other medications. Make sure there are no adverse interactions between a supplement and your medications. That is the way to make a natural andropause treatment work for you.