Overview Of Dry Penis Skin
A penis is the primary sexual organ of men, and it reaches its full size during puberty. The dry penis skin is experienced by most of the men at some point in their lives. This condition is usually observed in the head or the body of the penis.
The dry penis skin may not be a serious issue for most of the men, but there are men, who experience chronic dryness, peeling, and flaking, which can be really annoying for men. This problem may negatively impact the sex life of couples as this condition can cause trouble for men during masturbation as well as during sexual intercourse, and most of the men may assume it as a sign of sexually transmittable diseases (STDs).
As there are some negative impacts of dry penis skin on men’ sex life, this condition could be the major source of stress, anxiety, and also discomfort among men.
According to the statistic, less than 1% of Americans are diagnosed with penile cancer, so there is no need to really worry about dry penis skin. Furthermore, the dry penis skin is a treatable condition. In this article, we will try to educate you on everything you need to know about this condition.
Signs Of Dry Penis Skin
Any men can suffer from the dry penis skin regardless of their age. It’s not a tough job to find out if you are suffering from the dry penis skin. It’s obvious that there will be dryness on the head or the body of your penis, but there are many symptoms of dry penis skin besides the dryness of skin. Here are some of the other symptoms of dry penis skin besides skin dryness.
- Redness or rashes on your skin
- Pain during urination
- Loss of sensation
- Penis darkening or discoloration
- Sores, blisters, and unpleasant odor
- Pain while touching the area of the penis
- You can experience hotness or burns on your penis at times
- Flaking, itchiness, crack, or rough appearance
These are some of the symptoms of dry penis skin. Now, let’s move forward to see some of the causes of dry penis skin. After reading about the causes of dry penis skin, you will not only be informed about the causes of dry penis skin, but you will also be aware of how to prevent yourself from this condition.
What Are The Causes Of Dry Penis Skin?
The people who do not take good care of their penis are more likely to suffer from this condition. The skin on all parts of your body is soft, but the skin on your penis is comparatively softer than the skin on the other parts of the skin. Furthermore, it also contains many capillaries and nerve endings, which create arousal and pleasure while having a sex.
Here are some of the common causes of dry penis skin:
1. Friction: You can easily suffer from the dry penis skin if you are involved in prolonged sexual activities or dry masturbation. It can also be caused because of the constant rubbing against clothing, as it creates heat and friction. All these activities can take away the natural lubricating oils from your body, which leads to a dry skin. The problem of dry skin mostly causes damage to your outward part of the penis like tears or sore.
2. Allergic Reaction: The skin allergies can often lead to eczema, which can cause skin irritation, dryness, flaking, and rashes. According to the statistic, around 31.6 million people in the United States are diagnosed with eczema. The dry penis skin caused by an allergic reaction can be difficult to tackle. Some of the things that can cause an allergic reaction are a deodorant, soaps, detergent, and others.
3. Harsh Soaps or Cleansers: You need to be very careful before choosing a cosmetic product. Do not opt for a low-quality product just because it’s cheaper, as its reaction after use can cost you more money afterward. If you’re using harsh soaps or cleansers, then it’s a time to stop using them. Remove them from your washroom and replace them with high-quality soaps and cleansers. It will not only prevent from dry penis skin, but it will also increase the quality of your skin.
4. Yeast Infections: Most of the women suffer from yeast infections, but there are also instances where men also suffer from yeast infections. The study shows that this type of infection was more common with the people suffering from mental disorder. The yeast infection is also known as thrush. Some of the common symptoms of yeast infections are painful cuts/fissures on the skin surface, thick or pasty discharge, peeling, and sky dryness.
5. Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a strange autoimmune condition that accelerates the life cycle of your skin. This condition affects each and every part of the body, which includes your penis as well. This disease is characterized by abnormal skin patches. In the case of the penis, you will observe smooth, dry lesion, red in color.
These are some of the common causes of dry penis skin. Now that you are aware of the things that can lead to dry penis skin, you should try your best to do everything you can to prevent this condition. The next section of this article will deal with the treatment of dry penis skin.
Treatment of Dry Penis Skin
Here is good news for you. Each and every cause of the dry skin penis can be treated. In order to accelerate the healing process, you need to stay away from sex till it’s completely cured. In case your dry penis skin is caused by the prolonged sexual intercourse, you should use certain creams before an hour or so of having a sex.
You should identify and stay away from the things that you are allergic to. It will help you to deal with dry penis skin caused by an allergic reaction. The dry penis skin caused by psoriasis can be cured by treating your infections with the use of prescribed ointment or some other medications, whereas the anti-fungal medication can help you to get rid of dry penis skin caused by yeast infections.
There are times where the dry penis skin may last for more than a week despite trying all the treatment methods. This could be the sign of some other serious condition, and you should immediately consult the doctor in this case. And, men suffering from STDs should also visit the doctor to find a solution to their problem.
By now, you must have realized that it is no big thing to experience penis dry skin, as this condition is experienced by most of the men at some point in their lives, and all the causes of dry skin can be treated. You must be taking a sigh of relief now after realizing that it’s treatable. If you are suffering from this skin condition, then it’s advisable for you to visit the doctor and seek treatment.
Also, do not forget to stay away from all the causes that may lead to dry penis skin. If you see any of your friends suffering from the same condition, then do show them this article to make them informed about this condition.
Feature Image: shutterstock.com
In-Post Image: shutterstock.com