Many men are well aware of prescription drugs that are used as male performance enhancers. Such drugs are commonly promoted through many media outlets. However, there are also many all natural approaches to combating this same problem. Such male enhancement supplements can be purchased and used without the need for a prescription, and many positive user testimonials attest to the claimed benefits of these herbal supplements. Of course, as with all supplements, it is important to research each product before making any purchases.
To make this process easier, we’ve taken the time to provide basic information on what to expect from male enhancement supplements.
Male Enhancement Products: A Look At The Labels
Perhaps the most important issue to consider prior to making any purchases of these supplements is an item’s list of ingredients. There are many ingredients that have shown promise in enhancing male sexual performance, and the following compounds are among these substances:
- Gingko biloba: This plant improves blood flow, which in turn may also improve erections in males.
- Eurycoma longifolia: Enhanced arousal, increased testosterone levels, and improved desire are all among the promised benefits of this herb.
- Momordica Charantia: This herb is used to increase testosterone levels.
- Rhizoma Cucurmae Longae: Useful for increasing blood flow, this herb may also increase blood flow to the penis.
- Astragalus Membranaceus: Increased energy levels are the promised results of this ingredient.v
- Herba Cistanches: A traditionally used herbal supplement, herba cistanches is believed to help treat impotence in males.
- Niacin: This compound is used to support sperm production.
- L-Arginine: This compound is primarily important due to the role it may take in increasing the dilation of blood vessels to the penile chambers.
- Tribulus: Like many of the previously listed ingredients, Tribulus is promised to increase testosterone levels.
- Avena Sativa: This is a fairly commonly used aphrodisiac.
- Maca Powder: Praised for both its antioxidants and its ability to support sexual desire, this powder may offer benefits to an individual’s overall health as well as his sexual performance.
- Tongkat Ali: This is an energy booster that also combats premature ejaculation.
- Saw Palmetto: The inclusion of this compound in a product’s formula may mean that the product is aimed to offer support to the prostrate gland.
- Herba Epimedium: This herb offers benefits to those suffering from impotence and erectile dysfunction alike.
What To Expect From A Male Enhancement Product?
All men are different, so the same product may work slightly differently from individual to individual. However, typical benefits of male enhancement supplements include erections that are more impressive in girth, length, and firmness; other benefits may include increased endurance during sex, improved arousal, enhanced sexual desire, prevention of premature ejaculation, and boosted testosterone levels.
Most of these supplements work by increasing testosterone levels and increasing the flow of blood to the penile region. This increase in blood flow is believed to aid in creating all of the mentioned benefits, partially through creating more swollen penile tissues. Other compounds in male enhancement supplements are used to aid in increasing overall energy levels, which may be beneficial for increasing endurance/stamina.
Choosing the right male enhancement supplement may seem like an enormous task, considering the number of such products marketed today. However, by researching a product’s ingredients and the promised benefits of those ingredients, males should have a good chance of finding the right supplement for their personal needs. At the same time, consumers should also consider the overall value of each product, and calculate the needed dosages of these supplements should be beneficial for determining this factor. Below, we’ve analyzed the top male performance enhancers based on their ingredients and promised benefits.
With countless male enhancement supplements available on the market today it seems impossible to find “the right one.” Sexual performance declines naturally as men age, which may contribute to feelings of inadequacy or embarrassment. Male enhancement supplements should be based on four key factors: active ingredients, ability to support sexual stamina, enhance arousal, improved* sexual desire, and backed by clinical studies.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective male enhancement supplements on the market today, in our opinion.