This is Testosterone hormone replacement administered to men who have low concentration of testosterone hormone in their blood circulation. Testosterone is an androgen that stimulates and promotes development of the male sexual secondary characteristics including sperm production and growth of the gonads. Axiron is used to replace the lowly concentration testosterone produced in the body. The consumer must undergo clinical examination to determine the level of testosterone in blood before issuing prescription.
Axiron is applied on the skin underarm where it is absorbed directly into the bloodstream through the skin. This elevates the concentration of testosterone in blood which in turn promotes development of masculine characteristics. Axiron has been approved by FDA for use as a drug. It costs about $50.00.
Manufacturer Information and its claims about Axiron
Axiron is a product of Swanson Health Product ®. The company manufactures and markets the product through the official website. Axiron has several brand names such as; Androderm, Fortesta, AndroGel and so on. Axiron contains testosterone that replaces the low body testosterone. Increased level of testosterone in blood stimulates other body functions such as development of sex organs, muscle development, increased blood flow, boosts body metabolism and increased energy and stamina.
How Does Axiron Work?
Axiron is applied on the skin where it is absorbed into the bloodstream through the skin. In fact to avoid contact with other people, the solution is applied in clean and dry armpits. Once absorbed into the blood stream, the main active ingredient, testosterone levels increases. Elevated levels of testosterone promote development of the male secondary characteristics. These include development of the testes both structurally and functionally, hence sperm production increases. The penis is enlarged leading to enhanced sexual performance. It also promotes development of body muscles and speeds up blood circulation. This results in general body health improvement.
Ingredients of Axiron
This formulation contains testosterone as the main active ingredient with higher proportion. Other components of Axiron include isopropyl alcohol, ethanol, providine and octisalate. These are inactive ingredients that play no medicinal role in the body.
Every 1.5mL of Axiron contains 30 mg of testosterone. Testosterone controls development of the male secondary characteristics and other important body functions that improve general health.
- It boosts testosterone levels hence masculine characteristics are acquired by the user.
- It is approved by FDA.
- It has many other health benefits such as improved blood circulation and muscular activity.
- It produces good results within a short period of time.
- It is cheaper than other products in the market.
- There is an official website where inquiries, orders and reviews can be done.
- It has been clinically tested to be effective in restoring testosterone levels
- Prolonged use of Axiron can cause Prostatitis.
- It is too complicated to apply.
- It is likely to cause a number of side effects that may be disastrous to the body.
Physicians recommend 60 mg (2 pumps) of the testosterone topical solution should be applied per day underarm. It should be applied on a clean and dry skin that does not have cuts or any form of tissue damage. The procedure of application is quite complex and therefore the users must follow instructions provided by the physician. In case of overdose, rush urgently to a physician.
- Do not use Axiron before consulting a doctor and informing the doctor about the allergies and other disorders that suffer from. It can be very harmful to the body tissues if it is abused.
- Men should not share Axiron even if they have similar symptoms.
- Women should not use this medication because it can cause serious birth defects.
- After application, the user should not bathe, swim or apply anything on the skin.
Axiron Side Effects
The product does causes some slight side effects that can be easily managed. The side effects include; depression, dizziness, anxiety, skin irritation, headache, weight gain, acne, swelling on the legs, prolonged and more frequent erections and even hair loss. Not every user experiences all the mentioned side effects. But only one or two of them may be noticed ant they can be managed so easily.
Does it interact with other medications?
The testosterone topical solution should not be used by prostate cancer patients as it is likely to cause serious complications. The user should see a doctor for advice and not stop taking the drug.
Axiron is registered under the Foods and Drugs Act and has been clinically confirmed to be very effective in restring the level of testosterone hormone within a short period of time. Shipping and other handling procedures can be organized through the product’s official website. Although several side effects have been listed, they are rarely noticed and can be managed so easily. Axiron is cost effective and easily restores testosterone level in adult men. It is therefore highly recommended for testosterone replacement.